Get Featured on Don’s Tunes
For the last 10 years I’ve collaborated with many famous and relatively unknown blues & jazz artists and labels and helped them reach new audiences through the videos I create on Don’s Tunes YouTube channel, the articles I write on my website, my Facebook page & my meticulously curated Spotify playlists (You can submit a song to be considered for them on my SubmitHub profile). Organically growing, my pages have become one of the most popular places for fans of blues & jazz music on the web. I am exploring with passion the depths of those genres to discover the hidden gems – those amazingly sounding tracks, with real grit and emotion and share them with my followers.
If you’re a musician/band or music label and want to be featured on Don’s Tunes here is what to do:
1. Send me your song(s) to email@example.com
I will listen to the song(s) and if I like it and find it suitable for the channel I will create a video and upload it on Don’s Tunes. (or feature the track on Spotify). My channel currently has more than 1.3 million subscribers and over 500 000 000 video views. I will also promote it on my social media pages (Facebook -more than 72000 followers, Facebook Group, Twitter, Instagram – more than 7000 followers, Spotify – more than 100000 combined followers.).
I’ve collaborated with some popular labels like Valley Entertainment, Alligator Records & Anti Records and some famous artists like Guy Davis, Melvin Taylor, Robert Connely Farr, Shawn Pittman, Ina Forsman, Luce Dufault, Layla Zoe, Bad Temper Joe, Heather Newman, Walter “Wolfman” Washington, Daniel Castro, Lachy Doley, Alex Dixon & many others. ( You can check more of them on the ‘Featured Artists‘ section on my website ).
2. Updated* / Grant me permission to use the song on YouTube
As I don’t want to have issues with the copyright policy on YouTube I currently only will upload songs that do not have a content id claim on them or the copyright claim is released on my video by the publisher. In most cases the publisher should be able to remove the claim on the video on my channel, but if it is not possible you can also provide me with a version of the song that it is not on an official album (such as an alternative recording, live recording or other) that is not registered on YouTube. In exchange to able to monetize the clip the artist will be included on my Spotify playlist and promoted on my website and social media pages free of charge.
Spotify Playlist Promotions
For including a song in my Spotify playlists I do not charge anything – I just have to like the tune and find it suitable for the mood of a particular playlist (Please, listen to my selections before submitting so you’ll know what kind of style and mood I prefer ). In exchange I will just appreciate if you share it with your fans on social media. You can submit your music for consideration through my SubmitHub Profile.
My playlists and I as a curator have been approved to some of the most popular playlist promotion platforms like PlaylistPush ( I’m not currently active there) and Boost Collective.
Which songs are perfect for Don’s Tunes?
- The track must be properly recorded and mastered – with good dynamic range, no audible distortion and clipping
- Vocals and instruments should sound crisp and clear
- I prefer longer tracks (> 4 minutes) that have a solo section – guitar, piano, sax or other.
- For now I only accept songs in English
- For now I only accept songs with vocals, no instrumental tracks ( I accept instrumentals for my jazz playlists on Spotify)
Genre and mood of the song
- As you know the channel is focused mainly on electric blues and vocal jazz
- Genres like blues-rock, acoustic blues, americana, dark country, folk and swing can also fit my taste
- I am big fan of organic, raw and authentic sound. I am not a fan on digitally generated sounds and effects.
- Most of the songs on the channel are in a relaxing mood, slow tempo (but not always). I like guitar driven sound and gritty and deep vocals.
- Even if I don’t find your song suitable for the channel I can still promote it on Spotify, Facebook and my other social channels
- I love songs with good story and captivating lyrics