Get Featured on Don’s Tunes
For the last 10 years I’ve collaborated with many famous and relatively unknown blues & jazz artists and labels and helped them reach new audiences through the videos I create on Don’s Tunes YouTube channel, the articles I write on my website, my Facebook page & my meticulously curated Spotify playlists (You can submit a song to be considered for them on my SubmitHub profile). Organically growing, my pages have become one of the most popular places for fans of blues & jazz music on the web. I am exploring with passion the depths of those genres to discover the hidden gems – those amazingly sounding tracks, with real grit and emotion and share them with my followers.
If you’re a musician/band or music label and want to be featured on Don’s Tunes here is what to do:
1. Send me your song(s) to email@example.com
I will listen to the song(s) and if I like it and find it suitable for the channel I will create a video for it and upload it to Don’s Tunes. There it will be exposed to the community of more than 1.3 million blues & jazz fans, members of the channel. I will also feature it on my social media pages (Facebook -more than 70000 followers, Facebook Group, Twitter, Instagram – more than 7000 followers, Spotify – more than 100000 combined followers.).
It will be included in my main blues & jazz playlist, which has more than 8 million views. Also, If you want, I can create an article on my website promoting your site and music. I’ve collaborated with some popular labels like Valley Entertainment, Alligator Records & Anti Records and some famous artists like Guy Davis, Melvin Taylor, Robert Connely Farr, Shawn Pittman, Ina Forsman, Luce Dufault, Heather Newman, Walter “Wolfman” Washington, Daniel Castro, Lachy Doley, Alex Dixon & many others. ( You can check more of them on the ‘Featured Artists‘ section on my website ).
2. Support me on Patreon or share revenue from the video
You can support me on my Patreon page with just 25$ a month and keep all the monetization rights for the song if it’s registered in their system. Revenue can range from 10 to more than 1000$ a month depending on how popular your song becomes. On average a song on my channel can reach around 60 000 – 100 000 views in one month and from there if people like it can hit millions (currently there are more that 30 videos with more than 1 million views on the channel). The channel currently has more than 500 million views. The other option is to share with me the ad revenue from YouTube and I will create and feature the video for free but you will agree to split 50/50 the ad revenue from the video. (Revenue share is sent by PayPal or Patreon).
That’s pretty much it…I love to promote quality music and by supporting me in that way I can continue to do so in a way that is both beneficial for me and you – the artist. If you have any question write me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotify Playlist Promotions
For including a song in my Spotify playlists I do not charge anything – I just have to like the tune and find it suitable for a playlist’s mood. I will just appreciate if you share it with your fans on social media. You can submit your music for consideration through my SubmitHub Profile.
My playlists and I as a curator have been approved to some of the most popular playlist promotion platforms like PlaylistPush ( I’m not currently active there) and Boost Collective.
Which songs are perfect for Don’s Tunes?
- The track must be properly recorded and mastered – with good dynamic range, no audible distortion and clipping
- Vocals and instruments should sound crisp and clear
- I prefer longer tracks (> 4 minutes) that have a solo section – guitar, piano, sax or other.
- For now I only accept songs in English
- For now I only accept songs with vocals, no instrumental tracks ( I accept instrumentals for my jazz playlists on Spotify)
Genre and mood of the song
- As you know the channel is focused mainly on electric blues and vocal jazz
- Genres like blues-rock, acoustic blues, americana, dark country, folk and swing can also fit my taste
- I am big fan of organic, raw and authentic sound. I am not a fan on digitally generated sounds and effects.
- Most of the songs on the channel are in a relaxing mood, slow tempo (but not always). I like guitar driven sound and gritty and deep vocals.
- Even if I don’t find your song suitable for the channel I can still promote it on Spotify, Facebook and my other social channels
- I love songs with good story and captivating lyrics